Friday, February 4, 2011

Nothing Interesting to Say

Currently Reading: Double Cross by James Patterson
Listening To: Disturbed The Animal


So I've been thinking for a few days about what to blog about. I have come to the realization I have nothing interesting to say. I don't know why. I just have hit a bit of a creative brick wall again. I just went through this. I didn't write for a few weeks, and then I got back into the game and went to town, averaging 2000 words a week. Now I haven't written a word of fiction in three days.

Oh well. It will come back to me. I feel a bit stressed right now for some reason. It will pass.

On the upside, I just finished a good book by fellow AW'er Stacia Kane: Unholy Ghosts . It was very different from what I had expected, in a totally good way. The MC is not your usual good guy (actually, she's a girl, ha-ha), she is brash, hard-living, and tough as nails. She partakes in certain recreational mood-relieving activities you wouldn't expect from a good guy (girl), but Stacia writes her so well you can't help but like her. And there is a ton of action and intrigue from start to finish. This book is labelled as science fiction, but it's more of a mystery/thriller in my opinion. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.

Hopefully writing this blog will break my block and I can get back to my novel, and the short stories I'm trying desperately to finish.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Steven! Just because you think it's not interesting doesn't make it true. We tend to be our worst critics and those wicked thoughts get to us easier than we realize.

    Take heart, you're block will go!

    Happy writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading that right now, too. Cool! I'm enjoying it as well.
    I also get on "no blog" stretches sometimes. Life just doesn't seem interesting enough to share now & then. It will pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, Steve. I just choked on the dust I blew off my blog this morning.

    I think everybody hits those slogs when the words just refuse to cooperate.

    Like you said, they'll come back. Stress chases my words off, too.

    *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support, girls. ;-)

    I did some writing last night, and will get more done today. It helps I got my pain pills refilled. It's hard to write in pain, lol. I can't wait to get the nerve eblasion so that won't be quite as much of an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's a "Nerve eblasion"? No, don't tell me. I don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nerve eblasion isn't anything crazy, lol. Right now they've done a nerve block, where they inject something into the area that stops the nerves from sending pain signals. After one more blocking procedure they'll do the eblasion, which means they'll inject a different drug in that will permanently kill the nerves in that area. The problem is after 3 thoracotomies the nerves there are all out of whack, and I'm in constant pain in my right side.

    ReplyDelete