Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another Milestone

So January 29th marked 64 months sober. YAY!!! I still feel great being sober, and don't miss drinking. I can't say I don't sometimes miss the taste of a beer, like if I have hot wings--beer went great with hot wings. But Coke goes just as well, and has none of the pesky side-effects. I really don't miss being drunk, waking up with guilt, not knowing if I did or said something that was going to come back to bite me in the ass.

Of course, for the last 2 months or so I have been drinking very little soda, either. It's been almost exclusively water for me. I was going through 2 1/2 cases of Coke a week. I guess my body decided nice cold water would be better for me, lol. Now I get a 12 pack of Coke and a 12 pack of Fresca and they last me about 4 days (if my son doesn't drink all the Fresca--he loves that stuff!).

No comments:

Post a Comment