Monday, April 13, 2009

So who knew that Hugh Laurie (tv's "House") is also an author? In 1996 he released The Gun Seller, a comedy/crime thriller, and appearantly is coming out with Paper Soldiers. I'm actually interested to read one of his books. He is a brilliant man. And, for any enquiring minds, he really is playing the guitar and piano on the tv show. As a guitarist it has always bothered me to see someone "play" on tv and in movies when they have no idea what they are doing. I mean, it wouldn't be that hard to fake it properly. And these people get paid a lot of money to act well, so they should learn to mimic the proper guitar technique. So kudos to Hugh Laurie for being multi-talented, and damn good at it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I noticed your name on my follower list so I came to check out your blog.
    I'm terribly sorry to hear of your health problems, it must be stressful. Congrats on being sobor!!!

    If you like to write check out the Super Hero blog on my side bar. I'm posting from my iPhone so I can't really include the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! I will check out the Super Hero blog when I get a sec. I'm late for my Teaser Tuesday. Had doctor-type stuff keeping me busy today, and forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugh Laurie is an Englishman; a contemporary of Stephen Fry's; an exceptional comedian. Hugh and Stephen have done a series called (I think) "Jeeves and Wooster" based on PG Wodehouse's work. Brilliant hillarious stuff! Laurie is a talented jazz pianist. Remember Dudley Moore? He was as well, only more talented. I read somewhere that when Hugh Laurie auditioned for "House" the director never even realized he (Laurie) was British!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that, Laurie does an American accent very well.

    ReplyDelete