Monday, August 30, 2010

A Good Read. So Read It!

Listening to: Stevie Ray Vaughan
Reading: Relentless by Dean Koontz
Next on Reading List: Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

Finally finished "Touched By an Alien" by my friend Gini Koch. Clicky, and check out her website, and then go out and buy the book! That's an order! Okay, it's a strong suggestion. :-)

Gini has somehow packed 500 pages worth of action into a 389 page book. That's not to say it is over-laden with the action, and forgets the story. Quite the opposite. This book is an eclectic mix of action, sexiness, pure romance, humor, and good-looking aliens and humans countered with fugly, evil parasitic aliens.

It's listed under 'Sci-Fi', which is a bit unusual for me to read. I write dark fiction and horror, and I read mainly the same. Not that I only read in those genres, but I read what I write as a rule. So I can honestly say my opinion of this book is not biased, not even by our friendship, or my ever-growing need to suck up (my friends at the 2010 Weekend Progress Report will understand that *wink*). It is just a really good book.

And her website (once again, clicky up above and check it out) was designed by LostGirl from Absolute Write, and is very cool, and chock-full of up-to-the-minute updates and info. Stop by, tell her I sent you, and stay for the coffee ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Awwww *hugs* you gave me a shout out.

    But you DO know that I don't have any influence over Gini about who wins the suck up awards, right? *wink*

    I also loved this book. And while I was there from the first draft of it through to having my name in the acknowledgments, I'm not biased either, I swear. :D

    ReplyDelete