Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stalling

Well, I'm sitting here, procrastinating. I need to work on my NaNo novel, I have the next few scenes basically in my mind, so why am I writing a blog instead? Because I can. What other reason should there be? I need to get a blog out just because, so dammit, I'm going to do it.

What it really is, is that I've spread myself thin lately. I reopened my Facebook page, and have been doing a little catching up with people I haven't talked to in fifteen years. My wife wanted me to get a Farmville account on it so I can be her neighbor, so I have to keep up on that. I'm doing some flash fiction pieces to keep a little newness and diversity in my writing, and my Grandma just had two heart surgeries. The baby had her shots on Wednesday. I'm fighting a cold. But it's all good. Keeps me busy, and when you're a stay-at-home dad with four+ years sober, busy is good. Of course, relaxation is good, too. I just don't know how to do that.

And for inquiring minds: Grandma had an eblasion--they seperated her heart (the top from the bottom), so know she lives off the pacemaker. She was already feeling better from that. Better than she's been in a LONG time. But one of her valves was bad, and leaking into her lungs. So they knew they'd have to fix that. Yesterday they replaced it with a pig valve, keeping some of her original valve. They are very optimistic, and so are we. Her old heart doctors didn't do much for her, these new ones are really on the ball. So all is well.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your gramma is gonna be ok! I know heart surgery in the family is scary - my dad had open heart surgery a couple years ago.

    oh yea. AND GET TO WORK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she's going to be just fine. She was getting so bad she couldn't dress herself or go to the bathroom w/o my Grandpa's help. (He just recovered from prostate cancer this year.) It might have been almost more traumatic for my wife, she really loves my Grandma. She's usually so full of life, and sweet. I have a very close family on my Mom's side, something my wife never had. Her family isn't close, they're judgemental, so when she met my family it really touched her.

    Okay, back to work.

    ReplyDelete