Monday, February 16, 2009

Music, Writing and Brain-Bashing Fun

I just read Kristophenia's blog about music and writing. I know how she feels- I used to need to keep the tunes off when I wrote. Now I need to turn the television off when I write. But that's another post for another time. My writing area is not set up for someone who gets distracted easily.

Back to the music. I love metal, blues, classic rock, and even some classical music. I am a guitarist. I believe music is important for life. So why should it distract me? Because whatever I listen to I want to blend in with what I'm writing. My first novel (still working on the 2nd draft) has six parts, and I use lyrics to set the mood going into each part. But I'll probably have to cut them out if I can't get permission to use them. If you read my post of The Silvertone you'll see that Glenn is a guitarist. So, why can't I listen and write?

And that is my goal for today: To try something new. Put on some Iron Maiden, or some Judas Priest, or some Stevie Ray Vaughan, and sooth the savage beast. Maybe I can get somewhere. I need to, because I'm stuck in a funk right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment